(1)在礼品店 AT a Gift Store
Lì Bèikǎ: Qĭng wèn, qù zhōngguó rén jiālĭ zuòkè, yìbān sòng shénme lĭwù?
丽 贝卡: 请 问, 去 中国 人 家里 做客,一般 送 什么 礼物?
Rebecca: Excuse me. What’s a suitable gift if I’m invited to visit a Chinese family?
Shòu huò yuán: Nà yào kàn duìfāng shì shuí le.
售 货 员:那 要 看 对方 是 谁 了。
Salesman: It all depends on who the host is.
Lì Bèikǎ: Shì wŏ de péngyou.
丽 贝卡:是 我 的 朋友。
Rebecca: It’s my friend.
Shòu huò yuán: Tā gēn fùmŭ zhù zài yìqĭ ma?
售 货 员:他 跟 父母 住 在 一起 吗?
Salesman: Does he live with his parents?
Lì Bèikǎ: Duì, gēn fùmŭ zhù zài yìqĭ.
丽贝卡:对,跟 父母 住 在 一起。
Rebecca: Yes, he does.
Shòu huò yuán: Nà sòng guŏlánr ba, lĭmiàn zhuāngshàng píngguŏ lā, xiāngjiāo lā, căoméi lā,
售 货 员: 那 送 果篮儿 吧,里面 装上 苹果 啦、香蕉 啦、草莓 啦,
duì lăorén, háizi dōu hĕn héshì.
对 老人、 孩子 都 很 合适。
Salesman: Then, it’d be great to take a fruit basket with apples,banners and strawberries.
It’s proper for both seniors and children.
Lì Bèikǎ: Hăo zhŭyi! Nĭmen zhèér yŏu guŏlánr ma?
丽 贝卡:好 主意!你们 这儿 有 果篮儿 吗?
Rebecca: Good idea! Do you have fruit baskets?
Shòu huò yuán: Méiyŏu, nín dĕi qù chāoshì huòzhĕ shuíguŏ diàn măi.
售 货 员: 没有, 您 得 去 超市 或者 水果 店 买。
Salesman: I’m sorry we don’t. You’ll have to go to a supermarket or a fruit store for that.
Lì Bèikǎ: Xièxiè.
丽 贝卡:谢谢。
Rebecca: Thanks.
Shòu huò yuán: Búkèqi.
售 货 员: 不客气。
Salesman: No problem.
(2)在王波家 At Wang Bo’s Home
(Rebecca arrives at Wang Bo’s home with some gifts.)
Wánɡ Bō: Rén lái le jiù xíng le, hái dài shénme dōngxi ya? Nĭ tài jiànwài le!
王 波:人 来 了就 行 了,还 带 什么 东西 呀?你 太 见外 了!
Wang Bo: I’m really grateful that you came. But, you shouldn’t have gone to any trouble.
Lì Bèikǎ: Zhè shì wŏ de yìdiănr xīnyì.
丽 贝卡:这 是 我 的 一点儿 心意。
Rebecca: I just wanted to show my appreciation for your hospitality.
Wánɡ Bō: Qĭng jìn. (dà hăn ) Bà! Mā! Lì Bèikă lái le.
王 波:请 进。(大 喊)爸!妈!丽 贝卡 来 了。
Wang Bo: Come in. (calling) Hi Dad, Mom! Rebecca’s here.
Wánɡ Fù: Huānyíng, huānyíng!
王 父: 欢迎, 欢迎!
Wang Bo’s father: Welcome,Welcome!
Wánɡ Mǔ: Kuài qĭng jìn!
王 母:快 请 进!
Wang Bo’s mother: Please come in.
Lì Bèikǎ: Shūshu āyí hăo!
丽贝卡: 叔叔 阿姨 好!
Rebecca: Hello Mr. and Mrs. Wang!
Wánɡ Mǔ: Kuài qĭngzuò, wŏmen jiā Wáng Bō chángcháng shuōqĭ nĭ ne.
王 母:快 请坐, 我们 家 王 波 常常 说起 你 呢。
Wang Bo’s mother: Take a seat, please. We often hear Wang Bo taking about you.
Lì Bèikǎ: Shì ma? shuō wŏ shénme le?
丽 贝卡:是 吗? 说 我 什么 了?
Rebecca: Really? What does he say about me?
Wánɡ Mǔ: Shuō nĭ yŏu xuéwen, hànyŭ shuō dé hăo, guŏrán búcuò.
王 母:说 你 有 学问, 汉语 说 得 好, 果然 不错。
Wang Bo’s mother: He says you are a very learned person and can speak Chinese well.
Now I know he’s right.
Lì Bèikǎ: āyí, nín guòjiăng le.
丽 贝卡:阿姨,您 过奖 了。
Rebecca: Thank you. I wish I were that good.
Wánɡ Fù: Lái, hē chá, xìnyáng máojiān, jīn nián de xīn chá. Hái yŏu guāzĭ, táng.
王 父:来,喝 茶, 信阳 毛尖, 今 年 的 新 茶。还 有 瓜子、糖。
Wang Bo’s father: Have some tea, please. It’s Xinyang maojian, this year’s new tea. Also,
take some sunflower seeds and candy.
Lì Bèikǎ: Xièxiè shūshu.
丽 贝卡:谢谢 叔叔。
Rebecca: Thanks, Mr. Wang.
Wánɡ Mǔ: Nĭmen xiān liáo, wŏ qù chúfáng kànkan.
王 母:你们 先 聊,我 去 厨房 看看。
Wang Bo’s mother: Excuse me for a moment. I need to check the food in the kitchen.
Wánɡ Bō: Bĕnlái wŏ xiăng ràng nĭ chángcháng wŏ de shŏuyì, kĕ wŏ mā fēi qīnzì xiàchú bùkĕ.
王 波:本来 我 想 让 你 尝尝 我 的 手艺,可 我 妈 非 亲自 下厨 不可。
Wang Bo: I planned to cook for you today but my mother insists on doing the cooking herself.
Wánɡ Fù: Xiăo bō de shŏuyì búcuò, dōu shì gēn tā māma xué de.
王 父:小 波 的 手艺 不错, 都 是 跟 他 妈妈 学 的。
Wang Bo’s father: Xiao Bo is a good cook and he learned it from his mom.
Wánɡ Bō: Wŏ bà zuò cài yĕ yŏu liăngxiàzi. Zài wŏmen jiā, lún bú shàng wŏ.
王 波:我 爸 做 菜 也 有 两下子。在 我们 家,轮 不 上 我。
Wang Bo: My dad cooks really well, too. They rarely give an opportunity to try.
zuò kè | lĭ wù | xīn yì | píng guŏ | xiāng jiāo | căo méi |
做 客 | 礼 物 | 心 意 | 苹 果 | 香 蕉 | 草 莓 |
visit a family | gift | appreciation for hospitalit | apple | banana | strawberry |